Time Period: Mid 1800's
Writing Focus: Transitions & Paragraph Development
KEY UNITED STATES HISTORY VOCABULARY:
- The Second Great Awakening
LITERATURE, ART & MUSIC OF THE TIME PERIOD (WHERE APPLICABLE):
- Academic Debate: Should The Federal Government Provide Grants to Fund Social Reform Movements?
RELEVANT TEXTBOOK CHAPTER(S):
- Chapter 15: The Ferment of Reform and Culture
AP HISTORY SCOPE AND SEQUENCE:
- March 26/27, 2012: Key ideas of the Social Reform Movements (Chart)
- March 28/29, 2012: Debate Prep and Research: Who Do We Give The Funding To?
- March 30 & April 2nd, 2012: Debate: Who Do We Give The Funding To?
- April 3/4, 2012: DBQ Practice: Social and Economic Reforms
- April 5/16, 2012: Movie- Amistad (Real vs. Reel Activity)